The SVCD Releasing Standards 2002
[ RELEASE RULES ]
- No previous releases may be propered based on audio or video bitrate.
- Propers will be allowed in the case of technical problems, bad aspect
ratio, sync problems, skipping/freezing, interlaced, bad ivtc, etc
- Must be at least 1750kbit average, with a maximum of 2450kbit.
- TMPGENC: 2 pass minimum
- CCE: 4 pass minimum
- Menus allowed. (see notes)
- Subtitles allowed (and encouraged for foreign releases)
- Minimum 224kbit @ 44.1khz (regardless of source)
- Secondary tracks shall be 224 or LESS
- All releases must be BIN/CUE. (remove path from cue files)
- Must be packed with RAR, compression is NOT ALLOWED
and broken into 15 or 20 MB volumes
- Recovery record recommended.
- Must have SFV
- Must have NFO
- NFO MUST INCLUDE:
Actual SVCD release date
DVD release date
US theater release date
Video minimum/average/maximum bitrate
Number of rars per cd (eg. 44x15MB)
- Minimum 30 seconds, maximum 1 full minute in length and in separate
folder marked SAMPLE.
- MUST be taken from the movie - NOT encoded separately.
- Directory names shall NOT exceed 64 characters.
- All releases are to include production year.
- DO NOT indicate Ripping method (CBR/VBR/CCE/TMPGENC and so on),
WS (widescreen), DVD/SVCD release DATE, GENRE or anything else
in the directory name (ONLY within the NFO).
- Acceptable characters in naming a directory include (NO spaces or
double dots - single dots or underscores ONLY):
0123456789 . -_
- All Release directories, regardless of year, shall be named
according to Movie.Name.Year.Source.Codec-Group
- Releases that are more than 1 CD will follow these specs:
- MUST be named CD1, CD2, CD3 and so on. (disc1, etc will NOT
- There MUST be a SFV included for each CD.
[ NOTES TO THE RULES ]
Source related notes:
- Source shall be DVD Only, no exceptions!
- DVD Screeners shall be clearly marked in the directory name and the
nfo shall contain presence of studio watermarking, or lack thereof.
Ripping related notes:
- Movies should be ripped in their most widescreen format available.
- Group Watermarks WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN ANY CASE.
- NO intros, outros, betweenos, or any other form of defacement of the
movie including possible menus will be tolerated.
[ GROUPS MEMBERS ]
SVCD 2002 revision was organized by:
- vimVam - ne14a69 -
Respects to the original SVCD council organizers:
iV - V4F - 4HM - XPD - DvCS - PTi - TBH - TWiLiGHT
SVCD 2002 has been approved by the following groups:
EPiC - V4F - aNBc - DEiTY - TheWretched - iFO - WiDE
DvCS - PMM - TBH - SChiZO - ESVCD - PTi
Also signed by:
DMR - VCDWS - tNB - SportsVCD - iNFiNiTY - NAPALM - TmN
Special thanks to the TDX 2002 rules for their layout and guidelines.